2015 Annual Report
(2) Newspapers, magazines, movie theaters, broadcasts, gas stations, and computer desktops in
Internet cafes were also provided with promotional materials to promote public awareness of
controlled drugs and drug abuse.
(3) TFDA also worked together with 44 Non-Governmental Organizations to promote voluntary
community-level drug abuse prevention. A total of 1,094 promotional activities were held, reaching
(4) An anti-drug micro-movie competition titled
Reversing Drug Damages for a Healthier Life and Mind
was organized and attracted submissions from 220 groups and associations. TFDA also made a
Healthy Mind and Drug-Free Lifestyle - An Anthology of 2014 Anti-Drug Promotional
used by health bureaus (centers), medical institutions, and private associations.
(5) All 711 movie theaters throughout Taiwan were asked to air the short-video
Drug Abuse will Finish
which reached 5 million individuals. Taipei BEST RADIO was also commissioned to air
the 30-second segment entitled
Correct Use of Sleeping Pills
to teach the general public on the
correct methods of using sleeping pills.
9. Promoting Safe Selection and Use of Medical Devices and Cosmetics
(1) A total of five health education and awareness press conferences were held on medical
devices such as sphygmomanometers, infrared lamps, artificial knees, blood glucose
meters, and tympanic thermometers. Media exposure amounted to 102 press articles,
helping to improve public understanding of medical devices.
(2) TFDA also held a health education promotion conference entitled
Let's Learn About the Three
Correct Steps for Summer Beauty.
Media exposure amounted to 32 press articles, helping
to successfully market the concepts on correct selection of cosmetics while promoting policy
implementation outcomes of the TFDA.
(3) TFDA also held a conference entitled
Correct Selection and Safe Use of Cosmetics
the need to
Know the Rules when selecting cosmetics, Read the Label
when reading product
labeling, and follow the product usage instructions and warnings to ensure Use It Right in order to
promote correct selection and understanding of cosmetics.