Objectives and Future Perspectives
The challenge of the dramatic society and demographic changes urges TFDA to transcend the technical, scientific and financial reforms. They are, in a sense, philosophical, requiring new platform of management, flexible and effective cooperation among different stakeholders in an ever-shifting national environment with finite resources.
● To establish an internationalized regulatory system for food, dugs, medical devices and cosmetics.
● To establish integrated risk management scheme and mechanism.
● To enable information disclosure and transparency.
● To simplify the review process, and facilitate development of biotechnology and pharmaceutical industries.
● To promote international cooperation and information exchange.